When you first start to ride a motorcycle, you might find that you pay higher car insurance prices. This is because you represent more of a cost risk to the insurer. In other words, you have more chances of making mistakes.
Younger bikers don’t have the same experience as their seasoned counterparts. So, in the beginning, they might pay more for their bike insurance. However, just because you haven’t got the years behind you to reduce costs, you can still cash in on savings. Your independent insurance agent can help you settle on discounts and other savings.
Motorcycle Insurance Discounts for Young Riders
If you maintain a good driving record, you will likely see your average insurance rate drop over time. However, many of us want to see savings now. Generally, insurance discounts help you do that.
Based on certain factors in your portfolio, your insurer might drop your policy price. If you are young and on a budget, ask your agent what discounts from which you might benefit. Some of these might include
- Bundling discounts: If you insure your car with the same company that you do your motorcycle, reduced rates might follow. However, keep in mind that both your bike and car must have separate insurance policies.
- Multi-bike discounts: Owning more than one bike might mean you can insure them both on the same policy.
- Auto club discount: Members of certain auto or biker clubs might qualify for discounts.
- Renewal discounts: Keeping the same insurer year over year might mean you qualify for price reductions. Also, if you set your policy to automatically renew each year, you might save money.
- Safe driving course discounts: Driving courses offer riders ways to brush up on their skills. They can teach techniques to help drivers become more defensive and protective of themselves. If you can prove you’ve passed one of these courses, you might qualify for discounts. Ask your agent what your specific insurance company requires for proof.
Furthermore, you might qualify for discounts because you’ve remained accident-free, or have certain payment plans for your policy.
The important thing is to talk to your insurance agent at 757.583.1828. Tell them you are on a budget, and would like to do everything you can to save on your policy. They can help you adjust your coverage limits and deductibles to ensure you have effective protection. However, they’ll also help you look for ways to save along the way.
Also Read: Protecting Your Interests with Motorcycle Insurance