Travel insurance is one of those elusive policies that most people don’t give a second thought to. If you frequently travel, or are going on cruise or trip around the world, you may want to rethink your options. So many things can happen when traveling, and it’s definitely worth the few extra dollars you spend on making sure your items are covered in the event they are stolen or lost. There are a number of different travel insurance policies, which provides coverage for your specific needs.
It’s very important to read the fine print on every travel insurance policy you are considering, but having a policy in place can help you recoup your losses. Travel insurance can cover:
- Reimbursement of plane tickets and flight cancellations: Things happen all the time where individuals are stranded in the airport due to a flight being canceled. Your insurance company can assist you in obtaining another flight, or reimburse you for the ticket and hotel stay if warranted.
- Medical supplies: If your bag has been lost during your travels, your insurance may cover the cost of obtaining an emergency prescription.
- Passport and cash replacement: If you’re in a foreign country and your passport or wallet is stolen, travel insurance can cover the costs of getting your passport replaced and provide you with emergency cash.
- Medical emergencies: If you have a sudden medical emergency or if you have to cancel your trip because a family member has fallen ill, those costs may be reimbursed by your insurer.
- International trip cancellations: If you had planned a trip or cruise and the company canceled the trip and has not honored their obligations, your travel insurance policy may refund your costs.
There are many instances where individuals have had to utilize their travel insurance due to unforeseen circumstances. When planning a trip or traveling, obtaining a travel insurance policy is a good way to ensure you have some protection in place. It's better to have it and not need it, than to not have it at all.
Protect your family across the globe. Call Salzberg Insurance Agency at 757-583-1828 for more information on Norfolk travel insurance.