It's vital to purchase Norfolk car insurance if you are going to drive. Not only does insurance protect you and your family from incurring large medical bills or repair bills for damaged property following an accident, but it is also mandatory in most states. Unfortunately, many people don't purchase the insurance they need because they think it's too expensive.
In order to avoid this mistake, follow these steps and search online for auto insurance quotes.
Provide Accurate Information
In order to find the car insurance quotes you're looking for, begin by providing the most accurate information possible. Don't leave out accidents or tickets when filling out online forms. Your insurance agent will find out about them when he or she does a background check and adjust your rates accordingly.
You'll need to provide the following information to get an accurate quote:
- Your driver's license number. Make sure to type your name and driver's license number correctly. The name you provide must match the name on your driver's license exactly. Mistakes in this information can cause confusion and delay the process of getting a quote or policy.
- Your vehicle identification number. This number is found on your registration and on your driver's side door or dashboard. It is a unique string of numbers that identifies your vehicle. The insurance company uses this to find out your car's condition and how many accidents or incidents it's been involved in.
- Number of accidents or tickets in the last three years. You'll need to provide this information in order to get an accurate quote. You should have the opportunity to note whether an accident was ruled to be your fault or not. Don't include tickets that were dismissed; only include convictions.
Answer Questions About Discounts
Most online insurance companies ask a series of questions in order to determine if you are eligible for discounts. Make sure to answer these questions accurately. Common discounts include:
- Good driver discounts for people who haven't had an accident or ticket in three years
- Good student discounts for people or their children who make B's or better in school.
- Professional courtesy if you are a teacher, in the military or a member of certain other professions
- Association discounts if you belong to certain professional organizations or graduated from a particular school
There may also be other discounts available, depending on the type of car insurance you are looking at.
It's important to compare several insurance companies in order to find the best quote. Don't just look at how much you pay per month, however. There are several factors you need to compare in order to determine which insurance quote offers the best deal.
- Amount of coverage. Check out the maximum payments for medical bills, property damage and uninsured drivers. It's especially important to have uninsured driver coverage so that you won't have to pay out of pocket if an uninsured driver hits you or your vehicle.
- Deductible. The deductible is how much you need to pay before your insurance kicks in. For example, if you have a $1,000 deductible, you have to pay the first $1,000 in damages. The higher the deductible is, the less you pay in premiums each month; however, you have to pay more out of pocket if an accident occurs.
- Premium. Your premium is how much you pay for the policy. Compare monthly installment rates as well as total rates, and make sure you're comparing rates for the same deductibles and coverage amounts.
Car insurance can be confusing, but if you pay attention to these factors, you should be able to determine what the best quote is for your needs. Please call Salzberg Insurance Agency at 757-583-1828 for more information about car insurance.