People meetingMoving to a new apartment is a big enough hassle without having to worry about cancelling your renters insurance and opening a new policy. That's why many insurance providers allow you to simply transfer your existing coverage to your new address. Sounds great, right? Transferring coverage always begins with a phone call to your independent insurance agent. Different insurance providers have different policies, but your agent is familiar with the ins and outs and can help make the process simple for you.

Are you moving within the state?

Though every provider is different, you can often call your agent to give him or her your new address. This is also a good time to mention any new purchases — like furniture or a new TV — that may change the overall value of your belongings. In many cases, it's as simple as that one phone call and your agent can often send proof of insurance to the landlord and your inbox.

Are you gaining a new roommate?

Many renters insurance policies can provide coverage for multiple adults, whether platonic roommates or significant others. Tell your agent if you'll have a new roommate after moving so the appropriate changes can be made to your policy.

Are you moving out of state?

Some renters insurance policies can be transferred to an apartment in a different state. However, keep in mind that premiums vary from state to state; the same coverage may cost less or more at your new residence. Your agent can help make necessary changes and/or search for a better deal on your behalf.

We've got you covered. Call Salzberg Insurance Agency at (757) 583-1828 for more information on Norfolk renters insurance.
Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013
  • 2012
  • 2011

View Mobile Version